MONTREAL — Air Transat has partnered with chef Daniel Vézina to offer a selection of gourmet meals on its flights, inspired by the signature recipes of the renowned Quebec chef.
The Chef’s Menu by Daniel Vézina, featuring a variety of exclusive dishes, will be offered to Club Class passengers as of May 1. It will also be available to Economy Class passengers, in limited quantity, on transatlantic flights as of May 1 and on flights to the South as of July 1.
“I am elated to be collaborating with Air Transat in this exciting challenge — introducing the flavours and presentations that characterize my cuisine into the flight experience,” says Vézina. “And I would like to acknowledge the support, flexibility and openness of this Quebec airline, which allowed me to create a delicious menu that is in line with my values and quality standards.”
The Chef’s Menu by Daniel Vézina will be offered free to all Club Class passengers. Economy Class passengers can purchase his signature dishes for $25, which will be served with a cheese plate, dessert and glass of wine. The Daniel Vézina dishes available for the 2017 summer season are:
• Chicken ragout with lemon zest and seasonal vegetables
• Duck-confit lasagna with spinach and a sherry and foie gras emulsion
• Braised leg of lamb with spices, maple syrup and Indian vegetable curry
• Sweet potato gnocchi with red-wine bolognese, spinach pesto and Parmesan shavings
• Vegetarian moussaka with grilled vegetables, creamed goat cheese, tomato and red pepper coulis
• Vegan risotto with rice cream, red pepper coulis and diced root vegetables with fennel