prRecipe courtesy of Ontario Pork
6 pork loin chops
1 can (355 ml) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 mango or 3 peaches, chopped and peeled
1/2 sweet red pepper, chopped
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/3 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
1 tsp minced jalapeño (optional)
- Place pork in a plastic bag or a non-metal sealable container. Mix pineapple juice concentrate, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and pour over pork. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Combine peaches or mango with red pepper, cucumber, parsley, lime juice and jalapeño. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drain marinade into a small saucepan and boil for one minute.
- Preheat barbecue and then reduce temperature to medium. Grill chops with the barbecue closed for 6-8 minutes per side or until medium-done, basting frequently.
- Serve grilled chops with fruit salsa spooned over top.