CHICAGO — The recipients of the National Restaurant Association (NRA)’s 2016 Food and Beverage (FABI) Awards have been named.
The FABI Awards recognize progressive food and beverage products that make a significant impact in the restaurant industry. Each award recipient and their product will be showcased at the 2016 NRA Show, taking place next month in Chicago.
“The FABI Awards provide restaurant operators a sneak-peek at innovative menu items that address what customers are seeking, as well as meeting operators’ desire for cost effective solutions,” says Lisa Ingram, Convention Chair for NRA Show 2016 and president and CEO of White Castle System, Inc. “The FABI award recipients demonstrate the craftsmanship and creativity today’s world increasingly demands — from creating more flavourful dishes for the end consumer, to offering ingredient alternatives for gluten-free, paleo and additional dietary restrictions.”
The 2016 FABI Award recipients include:
• Atalanta Corporation, L’Estornell Smoked Oil
• Australis Aquaculture, LLC, Skin-On Barramundi
• Bai Brands, Bai Bubbles
• Boulart, Ciabatta Bites
• Brands of Britain, LLC, Fever-Tree Naturally Light Ginger Beer
• Bulsara Foods, “Bulsara’s Original” All Natural 15 Minute Easy Tandoori Wet Rub Marinade
• G.S. Gelato, Guava Sorbetto
• OM Spirits, OM “Organic Mixology” Liqueurs
• Prince Waffles, Sweet-Filled Authentic Belgian
• Wagshal’s USDA Prime Smoked Beef Brisket
A complete list of winners can be found at show.restaurant.org.