TORONTO — According to stats from Toronto-based restaurant delivery app Just Eat, Canadians love barbecued meat.
“Choices such as ribs, chicken and briskets have consistently increased in popularity,” says Aaron Davis, Marketing director, Just Eat. “More than ever before, Canadians are tapping the app this summer and having their barbecue delivered.”
Just Eat’s numbers show:
- Double-digit order increases for barbecue year-over-year (2015 to 2016)
- Toronto is number-1 in Canada for barbecue orders, followed by Montreal, Kingston, Vancouver and Calgary
- Honey-garlic spareribs and baby back ribs are the top picks
- Average price per order is $46
- Most popular times to order barbecue are Saturday and Sunday between 5 and 6 p.m.; London, Ont. was the exception with the most orders coming in on Fridays at 4 p.m.