MISSISSAUGA, Ont. — Milestones Bar and Grill at The Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga, Ont. unveiled its newly renovated space alongside new menu offerings at last night’s grand reopening party.
Originally opened in 2006, the 6,163-sq.ft. location — the brand’s first foray into Eastern Canada — found itself in need of a design update to put it back in line with the chain’s current look and feel. The restaurant now boasts a more modern interior and patio.
Among industry insiders, Cara executives and special guests attending an evening of food and drinks was Newstalk 1010’s Beyond the Mike host, Mike Bullard. The Mississauga-born comic kicked off the event with a toast to his high-school friend, Cara Operations CEO, Bill Gregson, and the rest of the Cara team.
Milestones regional Operations manager, Joanne Keyworth, followed with an update on the company’s local fundraising efforts. “Milestones is a huge believer in community involvement and it’s my pleasure to announce we’ve formed a partnership with the official Boys and Girls Club of Peel,” Keyworth shared.
The Boys and Girls Club of Peel has been working in the district since 1983, supporting at-risk youth and low-income families with after school programs, camps and various activities that currently run at 17 different locations. “We’re thrilled to be here and to partner with Cara and Milestones. We have lots of events planned going forward and we look forward to a wonderful partnership,” said Brian Ramsingh, Boys and Girls Club of Peele Resource Development coordinator.
Throughout the evening, guests were able to sample Milestones’ new appetizer offerings, crafted by Milestones Culinary director, Jeff Dell. The new offerings included:
- Hot spinach and artichoke dip — creamy spinach artichoke hearts and Italian cheeses, served with crispy tortilla chips and fresh-cut salsa ($12.75)
- Asian chicken bites — Milestone’s classic chicken bites with crisp wontons, fresh cucumber and sweet chili sauce ($13.25)
- Chili popcorn shrimp — fried chili-spiced shrimp served with buttered popcorn and a chili-avocado aioli ($12.75)
- Coconut Calamari — strips of coconut-marinated calamari, golden-fried and served on a bed of crisp rice noodles with a mango-chili dipping sauce ($13.25)
- Chicken wings — tossed in the restaurant’s original Sriracha Buffalo or sweet sesame-ginger sauce and served with Asian slaw and roasted garlic
- Parmesan dip (13.75)
- Prime rib slider — Milestones’ signature prime rib, hand-carved to order, crisp buttermilk onion strings, herb jus and horseradish aioli on an egg bun ($5)
“With a nice new restaurant like this, we have to have absolutely awesome new food paired with it,” said Dell. “Our food program philosophy is globally-inspired familiar foods with flair — so foods that are approachable to everybody but also have a unique difference. From the appetizers to plate-food, desserts and our brunch menu, we’ve created a new look and feel.”
Written By Eric Alister