TORONTO — Toronto’s Best Bar None (BBN) Ontario Accreditation and Awards Presentation took place earlier this week at the Hyatt Regency Toronto’s King Street Social.
Eight establishments were selected by a judging panel comprising Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD Canada), the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) and BBN Ontario — an industry-led international accreditation and awards program that rewards excellence amongst responsible liquor sales licensees.
The winners of this year’s Best Bar None Awards — Toronto are:
• Best Bar/Lounge — Real Sports Bar
• Best Restaurant — 360 Restaurant
• Best Club — Crocodile Rock
• Best Pub — Firkin on Yonge
• Best Members Club — The Spoke Club
• Best Hotel — InterContinental Toronto Centre
• Best Venue — Air Canada Centre
• People’s Choice — Boulevard Club
A key component of the accreditation and awards process is an independent third-party investigation to verify that an establishment is in compliance with its own processes and the appropriate provincial regulations as administered by the AGCO. Both the winners and the newly accredited establishments receive a BBN decal and other marketing materials to promote their status as a BBN-accredited venue. The BBN Ontario decal assures patrons an establishment has met the highest standards for responsible service of alcohol.