MONTREAL — Air Canada has unveiled 30 nominees for Canada’s Best New Restaurants. Since 2002, Air Canada enRoute has celebrated the country’s best new restaurants, chefs, teams and emerging talent through this program.
Canada’s Best New Restaurants is the longest-running national culinary talent search and the only cross-country restaurant ranking to use a single, anonymous reviewer who sets out to sample the year’s best new restaurants. This year’s list spans 15 cities across eight provinces. The annual Top-10 ranking will be unveiled in Toronto on November 1.
The 2022 nominees are:
- Alentours, Quebec City
- Bar Susu, Vancouver
- Le Clan, Quebec
- Delara, Vancouver
- Drift, Halifax
- Elephant, Vancouver
- Fonda Balam, Toronto
- Fox & Monocle, North Saanich, B.C.
- Fu’s Repair Shop, Edmonton
- Gia Vin & Grill, Montreal
- Hayloft Steak + Fish, Edmonton
- Hearts Tavern & Bar, Kimberley, B.C.
- J’ai Feng, Montreal,
- Jeju, Tofino, B.C.
- Major Tom, Calgary
- Namjim at Bannerman Brewing Co, St. John’s, Nfld.
- Nola, Winnipeg
- Osteria Giulia, Toronto
- Parcelles, Austin, Que.
- Pei Pei Chei Ow, Edmonton
- Perch, Ottawa
- Pichai, Montreal
- Pop Wine Bar, Saskatoon, Sask.
- Prime Seafood Palace, Toronto
- Restaurant 20 Victoria, Toronto
- Roy’s Korean Kitchen, Calgary
“Air Canada applauds and congratulates the work of the chefs and restaurateurs who undertook the incredible journey of opening up a restaurant over the past year, which is already a feat during the best of times,” says Andy Shibata, vice-president, Brand, Air Canada. “We are committed to sharing their stories and how they also successfully embraced new ways to explore cultural identity and made strides to advance sustainability and workplace equity.”