MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. (April 17, 2014) – Alto-Shaam, a recognized leader and innovator in the commercial foodservice equipment industry, was recently awarded the 2013 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Grand Award for workforce development.
The Manufacturer of the Year Award program recognizes manufacturers of all sizes and industries for all they do to drive Wisconsin’s economy. The award was announced at an annual black tie banquet on February 27 at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Wis.
Alto-Shaam was chosen for their commitment to the continual development of its employees and their charitable contributions, including:
• Establishment of an Alto-Shaam University to help prepare and arm all employees with the skills to be successful
• Increased employment by more than 50 full time employees in 2013 alone
• Embedded in local high schools, offering students the ability to learn about Alto-Shaam’s different paths to success such as Skills2Schools tours
• Participated in the roll-out of Second Chance Program for credit deficient high school students and have employed those students on an on-going basis for the last three years
• During the summer of 2013, 14 interns were an integral part of each functional area within their facility
• Annual Jerry Maahs Open in support of Lymphoma research. The 5th annual golf tournament attracted over 150 participants and raised more than $60,000 for cancer research in 2013.
The nine categories of award winners are selected by an independent panel of judges representing industry, education, and the public sector. The awards program, which celebrated its 26th year, is sponsored by Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, Baker Tilly, and Michael Best & Friedrich LLP.
The above report is a press release that has been reprinted in its entirety and does not necessarily represent the views and/or editorial style of foodserviceandhospitality.com.