VANCOUVER — The Chef’s Table Society of BC (CTS) and Mount Pleasant Business Improvement Association are hosting the ninth-annual Curry Cup on March 6, 2023 at Heritage Hall.
For the event, eight chefs will prepare their best curry for guests and judges. All guests have the opportunity to vote for People’s Choice, while judges will rate the eight curries on taste, presentation, sustainability, the story and originality to determine the winner.
The 2023 competitors are:
- Steven Tran, Pier 7
- Kunal Dhigne, JW Marriott
- Brandon Alves, Douce Diner
- Chef Paolo (Faustino Guillermo), Executive Inn
- Chris Andraza, Lift Bar & Grill
- Nutcha Phanthoupheng, Baan Lao Fine Thai Cuisine
- Vincent Nguyen, chef & owner, Thao Tran, sous chef, Anh & Chi
- Curtis Luk, The Farmhouse on 10th
Judges include Vancouver councillor Sarah Kirby-Jung; The Nosh radio host, Anya Levykh; Granville Island general manager, Tom Lancaster; North West Culinary chef instructor, Jonathan Kinney; journalist Tim Pawsey and 2022 Curry Cup winner, chef Thiyagarajan Raj.
Gordon Food Service, a key sponsor of the Curry Cup, will have its chefs, Tim Tejuco and Michael Viloria, serving a sweat treat to top off the event. Guests can also taste beer from R&B Brewing and Main Street Brewing, as well as wine from Summerhill Pyramid Winery. The Curry Cup is also a fundraiser with partial proceeds going to support Growing Chefs.