- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 banana sliced
- 2bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- In a small non-stick skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- When syrup bubbles, add banana slices.
- Cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- In a blender, combine frozen bananas, oats, cocoa powder, almond or coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Top smoothie bowl with caramelized banana slices, cacao nibs and coconut flakes.