Courtesy of Del Monte Fresh Produce
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2/3 cup preferred barbecue sauce, divided
4 slices bacon
1 lb prepared pizza dough
6 oz mozzarella, torn into 3/4-inch chunks or shredded
2 cups pineapple, cut into one-inch chunks
1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
1 jalapeño pepper, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat, cover and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through — about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Place shredded chicken in a medium bowl and toss with 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, turning, until browned and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Let cool, then crumble bacon.
- Press pizza dough into a 14-inch round on prepared baking sheet. Spread with remaining 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, leaving a one-inch border. Top with chicken, mozzarella, pineapple, onion, bacon, and jalapeño.
- Bake until well-browned, 15 to 20 minutes.