Courtesy of Alexei Boldire, chef-owner, Baijiu Restaurant in Edmonton for Club House for Chefs
2 lb apples, peeled and cored
4 Tbsp dry mustard
2 cups white vinegar
2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Quarter and slice apples into 1/2-cm slices.
- Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often until reduced to sticky consistency (approximately 90 minutes).
- Season to taste with sea salt. Chill until needed.
Brazilian-Barbecue-Spiced Pork Sausage
2 lb pork butt, coarse grind
4 lb pork butt, medium grind
3 Tbsp Brazilian-style barbecue seasoning
1/2 Tbsp cracked black pepper
1 Tbsp smoked-applewood seasoning
1 Tbsp granulated onion
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 Tbsp sea salt
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp white vinegar
6 Tbsp milk powder
1 each 32/35 hog casings, rinsed
- Combine all ingredients and mix by hand until the sausage is sticky and well formed.
- Stuff into 32/35 hog casings.
- Pan roast until internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Rest for five minutes, slice and serve.