WOLFVILLE, N.S. — Wine Align has announced the results of the 2017 National Wine Awards of Canada (NWAC). This year’s competition was the largest in history with more than 1,700 wines entered from 242 wineries from eight provinces.
The wines were judged over a five-day period in Wolfville, N.S. by 22 judges from across the country, as well as international guest judge Dr. Jamie Goode from the U.K.
Medals were awarded in style and grape variety categories in addition to awards for Winery of the Year, Best-Performing Small Winery, Top 25 Wineries in Canada, Top 10 BC Wineries, Top 10 Ontario Wineries and Top 10 Small Wineries.
Top 25 Wineries in Canada include:
1. Redstone Winery (Ont.) — Winery of the Year
2. Thirty Bench Wine Makers (Ont.)
3. Tawse Winery (Ont.)
4. Road 13 Vineyards (B.C.)
5. Mission Hill Family Estate (B.C.)
6. Quail’s Gate Estate Winery (B.C.)
7. Burrowing Owl Estate Winery (B.C.)
8. Benjamin Bridge (N.S.)
9. Trius Winery (Ont.)
10. La Frenz Estate Winery (B.C.) — Best-Performing Small Winery
11. Peller Estates Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ont.)
12. Meyer Family Vineyards (B.C.)
13. Bench 1775 Winery (B.C.)
14. CedarCreek Estate Winery (B.C.)
15. Inniskillin Okanagan Vineyards (B.C.)
16. Lake Breeze Vineyards (B.C.)
17. Creekside Estate Winery (Ont.)
18. Southbrook Vineyards (Ont.)
19. Nk’Mip Cellars (B.C.)
20. Kacaba Vineyards (Ont.)
21. Jackson-Triggs Niagara Estate (Ont.)
22. Wild Goose Vineyards (B.C.)
23. Daydreamer Wines (B.C.)
24. Fielding Estate Winery (Ont.)
25. Laughing Stock Vineyards (B.C.)
A complete list of medalists and award winners is available at winealign.com.