PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — Winners have been announced for the 2016 World Beer Cup.
This year, the biannual competition received entries from 55 countries. The awards were presented at the conclusion of the Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America in Philadelphia, Pa.
Entries were judged by an elite international panel of 253 judges from 31 countries. Canadian breweries took home 8 medals from the competition’s 96 beer style categories.
Canadian winners include:
• Gold medal Gluten-free Beer – Glutenberg India Pale Ale, Brasseurs Sans Gluten, Montreal, Que.
• Silver medal Gluten-free Beer – Glutenberg Lapsang d’Automne, Brasseurs Sans Gluten, Montreal, Que.
• Silver medal French & Belgian-stlye Saison – La Saison du Tracteur, Microbrasserie Le Trou Du Diable, Shawinigan, Que.
• Silver medal Belgian-style Tripel – 33 Acres of Euphoria, 33 Acres Brewing Co., Vancouver, B.C.
• Silver medal American-style Brown Ale – Open Road Brown Ale, Troubled Monk Brewery, Red Deer, Alta.
• Bronze medal Belgian-style Dark Strong Ale – La Grivoise de Noel, Microbrasserie Le Trou Du Diable, Shawinigan, Que.
• Bronze medal Extra Special Bitter – Old Jalopy Pale Ale, Powell Street Craft Brewery, Vancouver, B.C.
• Bronze medal Robust Porter – Stranger than Fiction Porter, Collective Arts Brewing, Hamilton, Ont.
A complete list of winners can be found at worldbeercup.org.