- ½ cup quinoa
- ¾ tsp. fine sea salt, divided
- Two, 6 to 8oz skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp. preferred vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Del Monte® avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 Del Monte® cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, ¼ tsp. salt and ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer, cover, and cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place salmon fillets skin-side down on prepared baking sheet. Rub with chili powder and ¼ tsp. salt. Roast until opaque and flaky, about 10 minutes.
- While salmon roasts, in a medium bowl combine avocado, 1 cup diced cucumber, jalapeño, green onion, parsley, lemon juice and remaining ¼ tsp. salt.
- To serve, divide quinoa between serving bowls or plates. Top with salmon, then with avocado relish.