Recipe courtesy of Il Fornello
This beautiful fresh dressing doubles as a dip for veggies, mayo and even a raw or cooked pasta sauce.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for a few hours and drained
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (aka ‘nooch’)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp capers
- Juice of two lemons
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt (more to taste)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 1 avocado, pit removed
- Pulse nuts in high-speed blender or food processor with water and lemon juice until combined.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the avocado and continue to blend until well incorporated.
- Add the avocado and blend until smooth.
- When ready to serve, toss dressing with salad greens, romaine, kale, chard and even throw some iceberg in the mix.
- Finish with hemp seeds, black pepper and vegan parmesan (optional).
- Once dressed, serve immediately.