Recipe from Afrim Pristine’s For the Love of Cheese
- 1 lb (450 g) dried linguine pasta
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% whipping cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (375 g) sliced button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (85 g) chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 g) bocconcini cheese
- 4 oz (120 g) finely grated Asiago cheese (divided)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 g) fresh chopped parsley
- Prepare the pasta as per the package directions.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the whipping cream and lemon zest over medium heat. Simmer, uncovered, for approximately 15 minutes or until the cream has reduced by one third.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the mushrooms for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat. Transfer the sautéed mushrooms to the cream sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the cream sauce. Add the walnuts, bocconcini, and half the grated Asiago. Stir well to combine. Add salt, pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and the remaining Asiago cheese. Serve immediately.