TORONTO — DoorDash Canada has launched new partnership plans to better support restaurant partners nationwide. All Canadian local restaurant owners have the choice of three different plans, with commission rates that vary based on the inclusion of services provided. Additionally, the company is including DoorDash Storefront, an online ordering software, in all partnership plans that enables any restaurants to turn their website into an e-commerce store.
The partnership plans include:
- This plan offers delivery commission at 20 per cent and reduced pickup commission at 10 per cent
- Restaurants can opt into additional in-app marketing programs as desired to reach more customers
- This plan offers delivery commission at 25 per cent and reduced pickup commission at eight per cent
- Restaurant owners are provided with reliable and fast delivery, access to high-value customers and an extended delivery area
- Restaurant partners can access DashPass by paying an extra two per cent on top, helping them reach DoorDash’s most loyal and frequent customers
- Offers restaurants exclusive early access to new products and features
- This plan offers delivery commission at 29 per cent and reduced pickup commission at eight per cent
- Best suited for merchants who are looking for maximum reach and to maximize sales opportunities
- Offers restaurant partners access to added benefits like a larger delivery area and a $50 monthly marketing rebate if they spend CAD$100 or more on marketing every month
- Offers access to DashPass at no additional cost
“Our goal at DoorDash is to empower local businesses and help them capture more of their respective market and reach more consumers. Over the past year, we’ve introduced offerings to help restaurants define their own futures. [Now,] we are changing how we do business to provide more choices, and better choices, for restaurants. We hope that with our new flexible plans and increased digital marketing services, restaurants will continue to accelerate into the future and grow,” says Shilpa Arora, general manager of DoorDash Canada.
“As a new business owner, the priority for me is exposure and I think it’s a great option to have different packages to choose from. It gives me the chance to look at my budget as well as the amount of exposure I need for my business and then decide what kind of features I want through my partnership with DoorDash. Sometimes finding something in between is great especially for newer stores,” says Alan Sham, owner of Its Tea.
“I welcome the different partnership plans from DoorDash as it gives a restaurant owner like me the ability to pick and choose what’s best for your business. I think it’s a great thing that DoorDash is doing,” says Noel Scott, owner, Eighties Restaurant.