Fire Erupts at Downtown Restaurant


TORONTO — A kitchen fire erupted at Toronto’s Paramount Fine Foods restaurant, located between Dundas and Shuter, yesterday at approximately 3 p.m.

Officials speculate the fire started in the venting system at 263 Yonge St. sending clouds of black smoke onto the street.

“It was a small grease fire that started in the venting system and went from the ground floor through to the second floor,” Paul Duncan, district chief, told CP24 at the scene. “It was a lot of smoke, but it really didn’t take long to extinguish.”

The fire was under control by 4 p.m. and no one was injured. Estimated damages are $5,000.

Keep Reading

Hot Spot: Profiling Vancouver’s White Spot Resto

Saucy Blueberries

Burger Wars: Premium Patties Steal Spotlight

Find Out Why QSRs Lead Foodservice Sales

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.