VANCOUVER — Every year, Joey Restaurant Group (JRG) employees give back to their communities through the company’s Cup of Care initiative. This year, JRG partnered with 12 organizations across its markets to serve 6,000 hot meals to those in need.
Cup of Care is a company-wide approach to giving back that was started in 2008. To date, Joey has served 100,000 hot meals across Canada, Seattle and Los Angeles, partnering with local shelters and organizations chosen JRG employees.
“At Joey Restaurants, we are passionate about empowering our communities and making sure that they are provided with the necessary resources to be set-up for success,” says Jeff Fuller, owner and CEO of JRG. “We surveyed partners in each city to determine what causes were most important to them. It`s important to us that our employees have a voice in our community outreach.”
For Cup of Care for 2017, the company partnered with the following organizations:
• Covenant House Vancouver
• Inner City Love, Vancouver
• Okanagan Boys and Girls Club Kelowna
• The Foundation Youth Centre
• The Mustard Seed, Edmonton
• Ronald McDonald House Southern Alberta
• Siloam Mission, Winnipeg
• Covenant House Toronto
• Shepherds of Good Hope, Ottawa
• The Queen Anne Food Bank, Seattle
• The Sacred Heart Shelter, Seattle
• Hope of the Valley Rescue, Los Angeles