MONTREAL — This past Sept. 1 to Sept. 14, 2021, Le Burger Week, presented by Saputo and Sysco and delivered with DoorDash, aimed to support local restaurant communities by boosting their sales and awareness.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, Le Burger Week added an extra week to the festival and had the highest number of participating restaurants, with more than 700 across Canada. Additionally, more than 200,000 burger-lovers participated in the festival.
“Every year, we have restaurateurs and burger fans saying they want more time to share and discover more burgers,” says co-founder Na’eem Adam. “Our concept is clearly a ‘week,’ but being our 10th year in operation, we wanted to offer something that mattered to our community – and that’s more time and more burgers. It’s Le Burger Weeks.”
The top five burger winners across Canada include:
- Carlo’s Cucina – Winnipeg, Man.
- Burger Name: The Smokey Barrel
- Tommy’s Pizzeria – Winnipeg, Man.
- Burger Name: Smokin’ Jack
- Brazen Hall Kitchen & Brewery – Winnipeg, Man.
- Burger Name: The Classy Viking
- Chez Simon Cantine Urbaine – Montreal
- Burger Name: Bacon + Bacon + Bacon
- Blvd Bar & Grill – Montreal
- Burger Name: The Macho Nacho Burger