Square’s new point-of-sale offerings help restaurants adapt to the new normal
In the wake of new COVID-19-related restrictions — including dining-room closures and the shift to takeout/delivery — restaurant operators across the country have had to re-examine their business models to ensure guests and staff remain safe, all while maintaining the level of guest experience necessary to not just survive, but to adapt and overcome.
The person-to-person contact that used to be an integral part of a dining experience is now one of the key modifications that restaurants need to work around. Savvy operators are turning this challenge into an opportunity to shape a whole new customer experience. For example, many person-to-person touchpoints in the full-service-dining experience — such as flagging a server over to take a fresh drink order, or asking for the bill at the end of a meal — that have created delays and drawbacks for customers and waitstaff are now being addressed in partnership with technology providers such as Square.
Square’s cloud-based, easy-to-use restaurant-specific offering — Square for Restaurants — can help connect restaurant owners with their communities through an ecosystem of products that streamline business.
Square for Restaurants — our most sophisticated point-of-sale software yet — is a fully integrated point-of-sale system that matches the pace, complexity and specific needs of restaurants. Now, the speed and ease of use that Square is known for is available to all types of larger restaurants, bars and lounges for both front- and back-of-house operations.
The benefits of Square for Restaurants include:
- Fully customizable: However your restaurant is run, managers can easily update menus and floor layouts remotely across multiple terminals and locations.
- New conversational ordering: Let waiting staff place orders quickly and intuitively, the way diners speak, with powerful, intuitive modifiers.
- Built-in employee management: Enable staff performance and time tracking, tip splitting, fraud protection and more.
- Make changes to your menu on the fly: It’s the fastest and easiest way to set up and change your menus across all your devices and locations. Control and preview exactly how your menu appears on the point of sale.
- Keep your workflows just the way they are: Powerful course management works with however you run your restaurant. Select any of your items, like beverages and salads, to straight fire automatically. Unlock cover reporting with advanced seat management capabilities.
- No surprise fees: With Square, there’s no contract or commitment. Avoid confusing multi-year contracts or commitments with one simple price to process card payments.
- Integrations: Whether it’s leveling up your restaurant efficiency or attracting new customers, we have partner solutions that will help. Manage everything from food preparation to vendor deliveries with software that tracks exactly what comes into and out of your kitchen. Learn more
In this new pandemic landscape, customers are turning to online ordering and Square for Restaurants is there to help operators take orders directly on their restaurant website for no monthly fees or commissions, set up delivery and curbside pickup and limit in-person contact with self-serve ordering.
The order manager feature ensures operators are equipped to handle delivery and order fulfilment so they can reach more customers, drive more orders through partner solutions and run it all with Square.
Providing customers with high-quality service is essential to keep them coming back and building stronger customer relationships will be key to the future of restaurants. As restaurants begin to re-open, customers will be faced with many options: delivery and takeout remains popular and full-service and quick-service restaurants now compete side by side for business on on-demand marketplaces. Square for Restaurants allows operators to adapt to this new normal and move more quickly and seamlessly to drive engagement, improve the all-around experience and minimize contact in this hard-to-navigate time.
Interested in Square for Restaurants? Try it today, we offer a free version of Square for Restaurants in addition to our paid plans.