PARIS — La Liste, a Paris-based website that ranks the world’s best restaurants, has revealed its inaugural list of 1,000 Remarkable Restaurants across the globe.
Restaurant de l’Hotel de Ville in Crissier, Switzerland claimed the top honours followed by Per Se, New York and Kyo Aji, Tokyo. The restaurant ranking is based on data compiled from more than 200 food guides, review sites, gourmet blogs, social media, and major national and local publications in 48 countries.
The Canadian restaurants that made the list include:
- Hawksworth Restaurant, Vancouver — 546th place
- Toque!, Montreal — 556th place
- Initiale, Quebec City — 558th place
- Scaramouche, Toronto — 745th place
- Splendido, Toronto — 755th place
- Canoe Restaurant and Bar, Toronto — 757th place
- Maison Boulud, Montreal — 790th place
- Langdon Hall Dining Room & Terrace, Cambridge — 810th place
- Panache, Quebec City — 813th place
The site also recognizes outstanding restaurants and chefs with awards in the categories Best Mentor, Best Service, Best Wine List, Best Atmosphere and Best Sustainable Dining. The complete 1,000 Remarkable Restaurants list and award winners can be found at laliste.com.