CHICAGO — The National Restaurant Association (NRA) has announced the lineup for its World Culinary Showcase at NRA Show 2018, which will take place on May 19 to 22.
The World Culinary Showcase will feature internationally acclaimed chefs with a wide range of culinary specialties and runs all four days of the tradeshow. Featured chefs include:
• Masaharu Morimoto — the Iron Chef and Iron Chef America has opened more than 15 restaurants around the globe
• Govind Armstrong — Armstrong owns Post & Beam and has been instrumental in the evolution of California’s local-focused regional cuisine
• Sarah Grueneberg — chef/partner of Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio, which has won multiple accolades, including the 2018 “Restaurant of the Year” Jean Banchet Award
• Rick Bayless — since 1987, Bayless has been changing the way America eats Mexican, with four award-winning restaurants in Chicago, two quick-service brands and a retail line
• Anne Burrell — best known as the host of Food Network’s Worst Cooks in America, Burrell has worked at some of New York’s top restaurants and competed on The Next Iron Chef
• Michael Mina — known for bold dining concepts, he has contributed to San Francisco’s reputation as a world-class epicurean destination for more than 20 years
• Charles Phan — a pioneer of modern Vietnamese cuisine in America, Phan is executive chef and owner of the Slanted Door family of restaurants
• Barton Seaver — Seaver has translated his illustrious career as a chef into his leadership in the area of sustainable seafood innovations
• Takashi Yagihashi — the Michelin-starred chef is known for his signature fusion of French, Asian and American cuisines and is a fan favorite on televised chef competitions
• Antonia Lofaso — Lofaso is the owner of Scopa and Black Market Liquor Bar, has appeared on Iron Chef and Cutthroat Kitchen and is the author of The Busy Mom’s Cookbook
• Joe Flamm — executive chef of Chicago’s Michelin-starred Spiaggia and Café Spiaggia, Flamm is also the winner of season 15 of Bravo’s Top Chef
• Chris Cosentino — co-owner of San Francisco’s Cockscomb, Portland’s Jackrabbit and Acacia House in Napa Valley, Cosentino is also a cookbook author and won season four of Top Chef Masters
In addition to the World Culinary Showcase, the show will also feature the Bellavita Italian Pavilion and hands-on classes, culinary sessions and FABI Awardee Tasting events at the Foodamental Studio. Further information about NRA Show 2018 is available at restaurant.org/show.