CHICAGO — The National Restaurant Association (NRA) Show has released its list of exhibitors for Startup Alley, where companies can showcase their innovative tech ideas for the future of the foodservice industry.
The NRA Show, held at McCormick Place in Chicago May 18 to 21, has hosted the Startup Alley since 2015, allowing start-up companies to present the technology they’ve been developing to help restaurant owners increase revenue and improve dining experiences.
“Many products that started in Startup Alley went on to find great success in the marketplace,” says Mary Pay Heftman, president of the Restaurant Show Group. “If restaurant operators want to see what’s next in foodservice, they must visit Startup Alley.”
This year’s list of exhibitors includes:
- Genio — a productivity app that simplifies employee scheduling, communication, attendance, location and task management
- Say2eat — an artificial intelligence messaging application offering personalized and fully automated conversations with customers to simplify online sales
- Galley Solutions — kitchen software that empowers chefs to take control of their finances and track inventory, production efficiency, errors and omissions, while also helping build detailed and profitable menus
- Hospitality Playbooks — a system that helps managers and owners hire, train and retain their top restaurant employees
- Jetson — a voice-commerce program allowing customers to explore menus and catalogues using a “multi-step” AI that can search and manage complex menus through oral conversation
- Locl — using map platforms to create aggregated customer data and insights for restaurants who rely on foot traffic
- AmbiFi Inc. — a mobile app that allows users to take pictures and record videos to create media that enhances employee training
- Tablee Co — a hardware and software combination service that includes a small on-table device guests use to request service and smart watches that are provided to servers to receive these notifications
- PathSpot Technologies Inc. — a hand scanner that instantly detects signs of bacteria and viruses such as norovirus, e.coli, listeria, Hepatitis A and salmonella
- Synk Delivery — a software tool that helps connect local consumers with a cheap delivery system that makes use of delivery windows in an effort to reduce its carbon footprint
- theBulletin.io — a TV-based community platform that allows restaurants and bars to run menu boards, promotions and local advertising on their televisions
- Baller LLC — a web-based platform that provides awards and incentives to improve employee retention
- Easilys — restaurant software that provides asset-management solutions and a connected scale to measure food waste
- LISNR — technology that leverages sound as a conduit for large-scale connectivity everywhere
- Octothorpe Plus LLC — a mobile-app plugin that allows customers to take restaurant-branded selfies and post them to social media for a reward
More information about Startup Alley and its exhibitors is available at nationalrestaurantshow.com.