OTTAWA — The Great Canadian Theatre Company is teaming up with six of Ottawa’s top chefs to stage once-a-month pop-up dinners in its lobby before the performances of its 42nd season.
According to the Ottawa Citizen, chef Patrick Garland, Gold Medal Plates winner from Absinthe, will cook the first three-course dinner today at 5:30 p.m., before The Gravitational Pull of Bernice Trimble.
The pop-up series is curated by Sheila Whyte, owner of the caterer/food store Thyme & Again, and Michael Moffatt, chef/partner at Beckta, Play and Gezellig. The chefs are to create menus inspired by the respective plays that follow their dinners.
The GCTC’s Chefs & Shows series continues with:
- Beckta’s Katie Ardington cooking dinner before The Last Wife, by Kate Hennig on Nov. 8;
- Town’s Marc Doiron cooking before Ronnie Burkett’s The Daisy Theatre on Dec. 6;
- Jon Svazas of Fauna and Bar Laurel cooking before Brooke Johnson’s Trudeau Stories on Jan. 17;
- Arup Jana from Allium cooking before Luc Moquin’s Les Passants on Feb. 28;
- Atelier’s Marc Lepine, winner of the 2012 and 2014 Canadian Culinary Championships, cooking before Michael Healey’s 1979 on April 18.