Recipe by: Ontario Pork
4 brined Ontario pork sirloin steaks, boneless, 750 g (1.5 lb)
1 medium orange
30 ml (3 tbsp) chopped fresh or dry rosemary
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) minced garlic
2 ml (1/2 tsp) each; salt and ground black pepper
125 ml (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
75 ml (1/3 cup) kosher or sea salt
15 ml (1 tbsp) rosemary, fresh or dried
15 ml (1 tbsp) crushed black peppercorns
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1. Grate zest from orange (you should have about 5 millilitres). With a small, sharp knife, cut the peel from the orange and then cut out segments from between the membranes and set them aside. Combine rosemary, olive oil, garlic, orange zest, salt and pepper in a bowl
2. Remove the chops from the brine, discarding the brine. Rinse to remove excess salt and wipe dry. Rub all the rosemary paste into the chops.
3. Turn the grill on high for ten minutes and then turn it down to medium for grilling. Grill, turning once for about ten minutes, or until the steaks are just cooked. Alternatively, pan-fry in a skillet over medium heat in a small amount of vegetable oil.
4. Serve chops with orange segments as a garnish.
5. For the brine, place the sugar and salt in a large plastic container or bowl. Pour in 250 millilitres (one cup) of hot water and stir to dissolve salt and sugar.
6. Add rosemary, peppercorns, garlic and 750 millilitres (three cups) of cold water. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled.
7. Add sirloin chops. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
8. Grate zest from orange (yu should have