EDMONTON — The food-and-beverage team at Edmonton-based Rogers Place unveiled its revamped dining experience today.
The new arena houses the latest cooking equipment and amenities in its spacious kitchen where its staff will be crafting menu items reflective of Edmonton and Alberta’s diverse flavours.
“From day one, we made a commitment to our fans that Rogers Place will deliver an amazing food-and -beverage experience throughout the facility,” says Susan Darrington, GM at Rogers Place. “With our partners at Aramark, I’m thrilled to say the Rogers Place food-and-beverage team has truly delivered on this promise and I can’t wait for our guests to experience our fresh, diverse and locally inspired offerings.”
The Rogers Place food-and-beverage team is led by Aramark Sports & Entertainment regional executive, O’Brien Tingling, executive chef Johnny Blackerby and Rogers Place Food and Beverage GM, Eric Bayne. The team’s overarching goal has been to incorporate the history and heritage of the province into its culinary creations.
“Our team of talented culinarians has spent months collaborating with OEG to create a menu and service offerings that elevate the overall experience of this state-of-the-art venue,” says Carl Mittleman, president of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division.
Rogers Place features 16 permanent concession locations, 16 portable stands, 11 fixed bars, five kitchens and numerous grills, carveries and bistros offering menu items such as:
- Bobby Nick’s Signature Burger, created by and named after Oilers Entertainment Group CEO and vice chairman Bob Nicholson — Alberta beef patty, topped with cheddar cheese, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato and signature sauce.
- River City Bison Burger — Provolone cheese, smoked bacon, tomato jam and mustard.
- Smoked Brisket Sandwich — house-smoked brisket, coleslaw and mustard BBQ sauce.
- Champions Dog — coleslaw, pickled jalapeno, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
- Roast Alberta Prime Rib Sandwich — horseradish cream and house-blend brined pickles.
- Whyte Ave Perogy Dog — mini-potato and cheese perogies, sour cream, bacon and green onion.
- Hand-Carved Chicken Shawarma — onions, tomato, shredded lettuce, tzatziki sauce and garlic-cilantro naan.
As part of its goal to use local ingredients, the food and beverage team at Rogers Place is sourcing its products from the suppliers such as Black Apron Beef, Mona Foods, Canada Bread, Crust Craft, WOW Factor Desserts, Centennial Foodservice Meats and Innisfail Lamb.