Recipe prepared by Chef Lynn Crawford
1 3/4 lb. ground chuck
2 garlic cloves, crushed
pinch of red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
1/4 cup finely diced onion
2 to 4 Tbsp fresh bread crumbs
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
4 slices aged Canadian Cheddar Cheese
1 onion, cut into thick slices
8 slices Peameal bacon
4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
butter, for the buns
8 slices tomato
4 pickles, sliced lengthwise
Tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard
1. To make the patties, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat grill to medium high and place the patties on the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then turn and continue cooking for a couple of minutes until desired doneness.
- In the meantime, grill peameal slices for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until juicy and cooked through.
- Place bacon on the burger and top with cheddar cheese. Close grill lid for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
- Butter the buns and grill, butter side down, until golden.
- Place the cheese and peameal bacon topped patty on bun. Top with tomato, pickle slices, and iceberg lettuce. Finish with condiments as desired. Serve immediately.