Sea Bream Ceviche
1 Sea Bream, whole and sliced thin
1 1/2 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
1 tsp. minced ginger
½ tsp. minced garlic
4 green onion tops
1 ½ limes, juiced
2 Tbsp. rice-wine vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup peas, blanced
1/8 cup spring onion
¼ cup canola oil
½ clove garlic, sliced
2 limes, zested
3 lime leaves
For the Sea Bream Ceviche
- Combine garlic and ginger in a small pot with a tsp of oil over medium high heat. Slightly sauté garlic and ginger until aromatic, about three minutes.
- Add in Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste and sauté for five minutes.
- Add in Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk and chopped green onion. Turn burner down to low and bring mixture to a simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Take pot off the heat and strain liquid into a food safe container. Discard ingredients from the strainer.
- Cool liquid down in the fridge or place container in an ice bath. Once liquid is cold, stir in lime juice and Club House Red Pepper, Crushed.
For the Lime Oil
- Place oil and garlic in a small pot and bring up slowly over low heat until the garlic is frying in the oil.
- Once garlic has slightly browned, take pot off the heat. Strain off the garlic and place hot oil in a food safe container.
- Add in lime leaves while oil is still hot.
- About 10 minutes later, once oil has cooled down, add in lime zest and stir to mix the ingredients.
- Let the oil sit in the fridge overnight.
- Strain off the lime leaf and zest and keep oil until needed.
For the Garnish
- Boil fresh peas for two minutes and cool them quickly in an ice bath. Remove and save for later.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt with one tsp. of water in a small mixing bowl. Stir until all the contents are dissolved.
- Slice cucumber into pieces about 1 cm thick.
- Using two different-sized ring cutters, cut them into rings, removing core.
- Place cucumber in pickling liquid and place it in a vac-pack bag and seal it.
- Cut the green tops off the green onions. Save tops for the ceviche portion. Slice white part of green onion across the tube, so you have 1-mm thick rings. Peel rings apart and set aside for plating.
- Place the sliced fish in the ceviche liquid and let sit in fridge to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Lay fish on a plate, pour a small amount of the ceviche liquid over fish.
- Garnish with cucumber, peas and spring onion rings.
- Put a few drops of the lime oil over fish and serve.