TORONTO — Five Canadian food products are finalists in the top 10 food products selected for the 2013 SIAL Innovation Grand Prize. The 10 winners will be featured April 30 to May 2 during the SIAL trade show at Toronto’s Direct Energy Centre.
The Canadian finalists are:
· Gluten-Free Pastries: Gluten-free cake, handmade with natural ingredients — Dufflet, Toronto, Ont., Booth 941;
· Atlantic Smoked Salmon Paté: Frozen smoked salmon paté in individual servings. Three servings of 65g — Acadien Atlantic Inc., Caraquet, N.B., Booth 1925;
· Organic Sausages, Mild Italian: Organic pork sausages. Certified humane pork. Gluten-free — Les Viandes Du Breton, Rivière-du-Loup, Que., Booth 2433;
· XO Extra Old Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple vinegar aged in French oak casks for 12 years. All natural. Booth 2221;
· Barres Collations Go Pure: Cereal bar with 100 calories and one fruit serving. 100 per cent natural. Five different bars — Groupe Leclerc Ltée, Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures, Que., Booth 1823.