MONTREAL — SIAL Canada announced the winners of the SIAL Innovation contest at this year’s event at Montreal’s Palais des Congrès.
The recipients of this year’s 2018 SIAL Innovation Grand Prizes are:
• Gold winner: Pea Pops by Three Farmers (Saskatchewan, Canada)
• Silver winner: Ready-to-eat vegan meals by Cucina & Amore (United States)
• Bronze winner: Cricket-based protein bars by Crickstart (Quebec, Canada)
Two new categories were also showcased:
• Organic winner: Raw, organic gazpachos by Impress Foods (Quebec, Canada)
• Packaging winner: Yogurt from grass fed cows by Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt (Ontario, Canada)
The Gold, Silver and Bronze winners will receive a free space at each of the SIAL Network’s exhibitions and will equally divide $20,000 being given by Nielsen. The SIAL Network will also provide an exhibition space for free at all the 2018 SIALs — in China, the Philippines, India, Abu Dhabi, and Paris.
More information about the winners can be found here.