MONTREAL — Sportscene Group Inc. has implemented measures to safeguard its employees and customers in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following measures have been put in place:
- starting on April 6, the equivalent of one meal per week will be offered to employees that were laid-off temporarily
- royalty breaks to the company’s 11 franchisees for an indefinite period
- revised prices for delivery and takeout orders
- applying the highest standards of hygiene and sanitation
- voluntary waiver of the president’s remuneration for the duration of the crisis
- significant reduction in the salaries of senior executives, members of the management committee and restaurant-management teams
“Our solidarity, resilience and ability to innovate and reinvent ourselves has always been the hallmark of our group. It’s precisely on this strength that we will rely to continue serving our customers and supporting our local food ecosystem. To this end, we’re currently working with local partners and restaurateurs to offer comforting ready-to-eat meals, which will be added to our delivery and takeout services. Safely providing comfort and pleasure remains our priority in these tumultuous times,” says Jean Bédard, president & CEO, Sportscene Group. “It’s time to stand together and act in solidarity with our employees and local partners.”
In addition to maintaining its home-delivery and takeout operations, the company is working in collaboration with several local partners on a new range of ready-to-eat meals. This new offering will be prepared in part in the central kitchen, which is held in partnership by Sportscene Group.
This new offering will be available gradually at various Sportscene Group establishments and online at lacagechezvous.com