RICHMOND, B.C. — Seven people were taken to hospital Friday, Sept. 23, for apparent food poisoning after eating at a Subway location inside the international terminal of Vancouver airport.“What we believe they’sre sick from is a type of food poisoning called scombroid poisoning,” Justin Karasick, a Vancouver Coastal Health spokesman, is quoted as saying by The Vancouver Sun.
“What this is is a type of food poisoning due to high levels of histamine in raw or undercooked fish. It’s usually because the fish hasn’st been stored at the right temperature.”
Six of the seven people were treated at the hospital and released; another was kept for further treatment.