TORONTO— Tim Hortons’ 2019 Smile-Cookie campaign raised a record $9.8 million in just one week for 550 charities, hospitals and community groups across Canada.
“We were blown away by the success of this year’’s Smile-Cookie campaign,” says Mike Hancock, Chief Operating Officer, Tim Hortons. “We’re tremendously proud of how our restaurant owners, their team members and guests came together to raise a record $9.8 million to support some of the most impactful local causes and charities across Canada.”
Here are the top five communities from coast to coast:
- Dunnville, Ont. raised $42,864 — this is a single-store record for Smile-Cookie sales and an impressive feat for a town of under 6,000 people. These funds will support the Dunnville Hospital Foundation.
- Lac-Mégantic, Que. — also a town just shy of 6,000 people — raised $26,703 for Maison Cinquième Saison
- Binbrook, Ont. raised $26,122 for Glanbrook Community Services
- Woodstock, Ont. raised $21,013 for two charities: Sakura House Hospice and United Way Oxford
- Supporting the High-Level Play Association, High Level, Alta. raised $17,993