TORONTO — On August 12, Tim Hortons guests can join the 1,500 restaurant owners in celebrating one of the most cherished single-day fundraisers in Canada — Camp Day — to help support thousands of campers from every Tim Hortons community.
While this year’s annual Camp Day plans may be scaled back in restaurants to follow local health-and-safety requirements, restaurant owners across the country are still coming together to donate 100-per-cent of sales from hot coffee and — new to Camp Day this year — iced coffee to the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps.
“The cornerstone of the Tim Hortons brand is how we support the communities where we live and work,” says Duncan Fulton, Chief Corporate Officer of Tim Hortons and Chair of the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. “The most prominent community contribution we make, with our guests, is on Camp Day. Every year, Canadians collectively raise millions of dollars on Camp Day and they can feel very proud of how they have changed so many lives through supporting the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps.”
Earlier this spring, as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps announced an all-new digital camp experience, Tims eCamp. Tims eCamp officially kicked off during the first week of July and will run for eight full weeks. Participating campers have been grouped into eCabins and are being supported and guided by trained eCounsellors to build social, emotional and developmental skills.
“Whether we’re in-person at one of our seven camp locations, or virtual at this year’s Tims eCamp, our leading youth-development programming can be life changing for our youth who need it most,” says Dave Newnham, president of Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. “Whether it’s an increase in self-awareness, the ability to build positive relationships, or develop healthy behaviours and attitudes, our goal is to make a positive impact and support our campers in achieving important life skills.”
Here are ways Tim Hortons guests across Canada can participate in Camp Day this year:
- Place an order for hot or iced coffee at a Tim Hortons restaurant or for delivery
- Until August 12, donate $2 in restaurant or on the mobile app and receive a Camp Day bracelet with an inspirational message based on the Foundation’s values: Empower, Dream, Believe, Inspire
- Round up your order in restaurant with the balance of the dollar going toward Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
- Make a one-time or monthly donation any time at timscamps.com
- Help raise awareness and raise funds for Camp Day by joining the #CampInForCampDay social-media challenge here