TORONTO — Tim Hortons opened its first restaurant in China. The new restaurant, located in the People’s Square in central Shanghai, is the first Tim Hortons in China since the company signed an exclusive master-franchise joint agreement with the Cartesian Capital Group last year.
“We’re excited to bring the iconic Tim Hortons brand and a piece of Canada around the globe,” says Alex Macedo, president, Tim Hortons. “China is an attractive growth market and we can’t wait for guests to try our classic favourites and some new offerings crafted specifically to the Chinese market.”
While Tim Hortons will be offering many of its classic food-and-beverage products in China, including the iconic Double Double coffee, the company will also be launching an assortment of new food and beverages unique to the market, including:
- Maple and Hazelnut Iced Capps
- Steeped Black Lemon Peach Oolong and Blueberry Roselle teas
- Macha and Hazelnut lattes and a Maple Macchiato
- New Timbit flavours, including Salted-Egg Yolk
- The Shanghai restaurant also has lunchtime offerings with Basil Chicken, Coldwater Shrimp and Montreal-Style Beef sandwiches on lightly toasted ciabatta buns, as well as Black-Pepper Beef and Chicken-Caesar Laffa wraps
- Chicken and Roasted Pumpkin and Beef and Roasted Zucchini salads
Every detail in the new restaurant is meant to elevate the experience of visiting Canada’s favourite coffee shop. The design of the floor tiles is inspired by the image of maple leaves scattered on the ground in autumn. The restaurant features a lot of red and plaids, art work featuring the maple leaf and there is even a hockey stick door handle to pay tribute to its hockey heritage.