This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Ted Corrado, corporate executive chef of The Drake Properties.
2 lb pork jowl
1/2 cup Wild Whiskey-Smoked Barbecue Glaze
8 slices sour dough bread
1/2 cup shallots, sliced
1/2 cup cilantro cress
1. Place pork jowl in vacuum pack bag and seal.
2. Sous vide pork jowl at 55°C for 72 hours.
3. Remove and cool.
4. Coat the pork jowls in glaze and grill until desired char is achieved.
5. Grill off one slice of sour dough bread.
6. Slice charred pork jowls and place a few slices on the sour dough bread.
7. Spoon on charred peppers and beef demi.
8. Garnish with sliced shallots and cilantro cress.
Wild Whiskey Smoked Barbecue Glaze
2 onions, minced
4 cloves garlic
500 ml bourbon
2 tbsp black pepper, ground
1 tsp salt
250g tomato paste
1/2 cup ketchup
25 ml Worcestershire sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Wild Whiskey-Smoked BBQ seasoning
1. In a large skillet over medium heat cook onion and garlic for 10 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add bourbon, black pepper, salt, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
3. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Run the sauce through a strainer, if you prefer a smooth sauce.
1 cup poblano peppers, charred and peeled
1 cup cherry bomb peppers, pickled and seeded
1 cup beef demi-glace
In a sauce pot heat beef demi-glace.
Once simmering add poblano peppers and cherry bomb peppers.