Two contaminated samples, including one that contained a potentially fatal strain of the bacteria, were found in “salmon nuggets” from the Longliner Seafoods at the Granville Island Public Market. The samples were analyzed by a microbiologist at the University of British Columbia who said that though the samples didn’t contain enough bacteria to necessitate a recall, consumers should exercise caution.
“A healthy adult…likely could consume it with no consequence,” said UBC microbiologist Kevin Allen to the CBC. “However, if I was going to feed that to my daughter or son, the answer is, no, I wouldn’st.”
For more on this story, click here.