Recipe courtesy of chef Bill Jones
1 cauliflower head, cut into chunks
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, divided
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp butter
4 cups chopped mushrooms (chanterelle, button, pine, et cetera)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp rosehip butter (or rosehip syrup or apple butter)
1 Tbsp mustard (yellow or grainy)
2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- Heat a large pot of boiling salted water. Cook the cauliflower until tender and then drain.
- Return the cauliflower to the pot and while it is still hot, add two tablespoons of the cider vinegar and the honey. Toss to mix.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter. When it is sizzling, add the mushrooms and sauté until they begin to brown.
- Add the mushrooms to the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Season well with dill, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the rosehip butter, remaining one tablespoon of cider vinegar, and mustard. Whisk until smooth, then add the oil in a slow stream while whisking until thick.
- To serve, arrange the salad on a platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature or chilled.