Courtesy of Cod Sounds
2 Tbsp. butter
4 strips of bacon, diced
1 small diced onion
4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin by hand or mandolin
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced 1/8” thick
1 ½ lbs white fish, preferably cod, filleted
4 L fish stock
½ tsp summer savory
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- On medium heat, fry the bacon and onion in butter just until translucent.
- Layer in the potato and carrot slices to create a layer all over the bottom of the pot
- Lay your full fish fillets over top. Add stock.
- Sprinkle with savory, salt and pepper then cover tight and bring to a boi.
- Reduce heat and simmer for five to seven minutes.