TORONTO — OpenTable has unveiled its 50 Best Steakhouses in Canada list for 2016. The list reflects the combined opinions of more than 300,000 restaurant reviews submitted by verified OpenTable diners for more than 1,800 restaurants in Canada.
Highlighting both traditional steakhouses and novel takes on the concept, the complete list features restaurants across the country. Ontario, Alberta, Quebec and British Columbia boast the most winners, while nine of the 50 winning restaurants have multiple locations across the country. Including restaurants with multiple locations, Ontario leads all provinces with 27 winning restaurants, followed by Alberta with 13, Quebec with nine and B.C. with six. Also included on this list are Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan.
“Well done to all the winning restaurants on this list which not only honour timeless traditions, but also celebrate the evolution of the steakhouse,” says Ziv Schierau, head of National Accounts for OpenTable Canada. “Balancing tradition with an innovative take on classic offerings — all delivered with unparalleled hospitality — makes these restaurants the perfect place to celebrate the holidays with family and friends.”
All restaurants in the steak-cuisine category with a minimum overall score and number of qualifying reviews were included for consideration. Qualifying restaurants were then scored and sorted according to their overall food rating.
Based on this methodology, the following restaurants, listed in alphabetical order, comprise the 50 Best Steakhouses in Canada, according to OpenTable diners:
- 1888 Chop House – Fairmont Banff Springs – Banff, Alta.
- 19 Okanagan Grill + Bar – West Kelowna, B.C.
- 40 Westt Steakhouse – Pointe-Claire, Que.
- 529 Wellington – Winnipeg, Man.
- Bardi’s Steakhouse – Toronto, Ont.
- Bâton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar – Multiple Locations
- Black & Blue Steakhouse – Vancouver, B.C.
- Cagneys – Mississauga, Ont.
- Cannery Restaurant – Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont.
- Canyon Creek – Multiple Locations
- Carmen’s Steak House – Toronto, Ont.
- Charcoal Steak House – Kitchener, Ont.
- Chop Steakhouse & Bar – Multiple Locations
- Copacabana Brazilian Steak House – Multiple Locations
- Cut Steakhouse – Halifax, N.S.
- Firegrill – Downtown – Montréal, Que.
- Golf’s Steak House & Seafood – Kitchener, Ont.
- Gotham Steakhouse and Bar – Vancouver, B.C.
- Harbour Sixty – Toronto, Ont.
- Hobart’s Steakhouse – Peterborough – Peterborough, Ont.
- Hy’s Steakhouse – Multiple Locations
- Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse – Toronto, Ont.
- The Keg Steakhouse + Bar – Multiple Locations
- La Queue de Cheval – Montréal, Que.
- Lake House Restaurant – Vineland, Ont.
- LeVilla Restaurant – Calgary, Alta.
- LUX Steakhouse & Bar – Edmonton, Alta.
- Maple Leaf Grill – Banff, Alta.
- Melissa’s Missteak – Banff, Alta.
- Michael’s on Simcoe – Toronto, Ont.
- Moishes – Montréal, Que.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse – Toronto – Toronto, Ont.
- NAO – Toronto, Ont.
- Neros Steakhouse – Caesars Windsor – Windsor, Ont.
- Restaurant e18hteen – Ottawa, Ont.
- Rib n Reef Steakhouse – Montréal, Que.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Multiple Locations
- Sandstone Grillhouse – Niagara Falls, Ont.
- Sawmill – Multiple Locations
- Sidecut Modern Steak + Bar – Four Seasons Resort – Whistler, B.C.
- Smith Bros. Steakhouse Tavern – Toronto, Ont.
- Smuggler’s Inn – Calgary, Alta.
- Sterling Restaurant – Gatineau, Que.
- Stone House Restaurant – Burlington, Ont.
- Take Five Bistro – Windsor, Ont.
- Vargas-Montréal – Montréal, Que.
- Vieux-Port Steakhouse – Montréal, Que.
- Vintage Chophouse & Tavern – Calgary, Alta.
- Von’s Steakhouse & Oyster Bar – Edmonton, Alta.
- Wildfire Steakhouse – Multiple Locations
*Restaurants with multiple winning locations were counted one time.
The complete list may also be viewed here.