Jeff Camacho, Burger Revolution
Maple Chili Glaze:
2 L maple syrup
1/4 cup red chili flakes
1. Place maple syrup into pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiled, drop to a simmer and add the chili flakes. Simmer until it condenses to 1L
3. Keep glaze at room temperature when finished.
Confit of Pork Belly:
(will take three days to prepare)
1 side pork belly (cut into thirds)
3 L oil
8 cups water
1 1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 bunch thyme
3 bulbs of garlic
2 pieces of star anise
1. Place water, kosher salt, brown sugar, thyme, garlic and star anise into pot, bring to boil. Once sugar and salt have dissolved, place into 16L pan and let cool.
2. Once the brine is cool to the touch, add the pork belly and allow to brine for 10 hours.
3. After 10 hours, reserve 1 cup of brine and discard the rest. Pat the belly dry.
4. Place pork belly into deep hotel pan and cook at 300F for 3 hours.
5. Transfer the belly to a shallow pan and press overnight.
6. Cut into bacon strips 1/4 inch thick.
7. Pan Sear to finish.
8. Finish with one teaspoon of Maple Chili Glaze.
confit of pork belly (2 pc per serving)
1. Place the cheddar cheese on the patty while it is on the grill.
2. When the cheese is melted, place two pieces of the prepared pork belly on top.
3. Place patty on the bun and top with 1 to 2 tbsp of Maple Chili Glaze
4. Place fried egg on top.
5. Garnish with lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion as preferred.