EDMONTON — The team behind Edmonton’s pioneering Canadian Best Bar None program, launched in the summer of 2010, announced the winners of its 3rd Annual Best Bar None Accreditation and Awards Event yesterday at the Royal Alberta Museum Theatre in Edmonton.
The organization, which promotes responsible management and operations of alcohol- licensed businesses for the benefit of a facility’s patrons, staff, owners and industry suppliers, announced category winners based on a list of 48 accredited 2013 city licensed premises.
The awardees are:
- Winner – On The Rocks Restaurant, Bar and Live Music
- First runner-up – Flair Lounge – Mama Pizza (Millwoods)
- Second runner-up – Sou Kawaii (Zen Lounge)
- Winner – Hudsons Canadian Tap House (South Common)
- First runner-up – Hudsons Canadian Tap House (Campus)
- Second runner-up – Filthy McNasty’s
Best Large Pub:
- Winner – Hudsons Canadian Tap House (Downtown)
- First runner-up – Hudsons Canadian Tap House (WEM)
- Second runner-up – The Pint Public House (Whyte Avenue)
Best Hotel/Restaurant Lounge:
- Winner – Teddy’s Palace
- First runner-up – Prospectors Lounge – Rosslyn Inn and Suites
- Second runner-up – Boston Pizza Lounge (North Central)
- Winner – The Ranch Roadhouse
- First runner-up – Lucky 13 Dance Pub
- Second runner-up – Union Hall Nightclub.
Best Bar None was founded in Manchester, England, in 2003 as a voluntary industry-wide program. It’s used in more than 100 U.K. communities and is expanding internationally.
Best Bar None is the property of City Safe, Greater Manchester Police, and it’s now licensed in Canada in Edmonton, Calgary (launched June 2012) and Toronto (announced October 2012 by the Ontario Restaurant Hotel and Motel Association with a January 2013 launch).