Courtesy of Cod Sounds
3 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup raisins (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients and then crumble in the butter with your hands, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Add raisins. Mix together and add 3/4 cups milk and one egg.
- Reserve the remaining 1/4 cup of milk so your dough is not too wet and add only if you need to.
- Gently bring together the mixture with a light touch — patting, not kneading. Pat to a one-inch thickness on a floured surface, cut out rounds with a glass and lay on parchment paper.
- Brush with egg wash or milk for nice browning.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes.