- 2 cups water
- 1 chai-tea bag
- 1 cup dry 15-minute brown rice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat along with the chai tea bag. Stir rice into boiling water.
- Remove the tea bag and set aside for later use.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes, making sure to keep the lid on.
- In a clean saucepan combine cooked rice, tea bag, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) milk, honey and salt.
- Cook on medium and continue stirring until thick and creamy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bag.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk and beaten egg. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and raisins (if desired).