- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup (250 ml) finely diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely diced white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup (250 ml) packed baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) + 1 Tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped chives
- 1 package (450 g) frozen butter puff pastry, thawed and refrigerated
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) milk
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbsp (15 ml) butter. Cook red pepper, onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Stir in turkey, spinach and salt. Cook for 2 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Transfer to medium bowl and refrigerate to cool, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 5 eggs, 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk, parsley and chives.
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter and cook egg mixture. Gently fold eggs over in the pan creating soft scrambled eggs, about 3 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl and refrigerate to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Unroll 1 puff pastry sheet and leave on parchment paper. Place on baking sheet.
- Spoon half of the turkey mixture onto the right half of the pastry sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch (1 cm) border. Layer half of the scrambled eggs and half of the cheese on top of turkey mixture.
- Gently fold left side of pastry over the ingredients. Press pastry edges together, tuck and fold edges underneath. Score top of pastry with a sharp knife; refrigerate.
- Repeat steps six through eight with remaining ingredients for second Stromboli.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and 1 Tbsp (15 ml) milk. Brush top of each Stromboli with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and puffed, rotating pans halfway through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.