Lentil Sweet-Potato Pancakes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red lentils
- 1 sweet potato
- a few sprigs of parsley
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) whole-grain spelt flour
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) bread crumbs
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp (5 ml) dried thyme
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) canola oil
- Cook lentils in 1 cup water for about 15 minutes until soft and let cool.
- Peel, wash and grate sweet potato.
- Rinse, dry and chop parsley.
- Mix lentils with sweet potato, eggs, flour, bread crumbs and parsley. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Using a tablespoon, put small scoops of the mixture in the pan and gently press them flat. Make 12 pancakes, frying until golden brown and flipping as needed.
- Remove from pan and set on paper towels.
Wild Blueberry Cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen wild blueberries
- 8 oz (225 g) full-fat cream cheese
- Juice and zest of 1/2 organic lime
- Defrost wild blueberries.
- Stir 4 Tbsp water, lime juice and zest into the cream cheese until smooth; if needed, add more water tablespoon by tablespoon.
- Fold the wild blueberries into the cream cheese.
- Serve with the pancakes.