1 Italian five-grain baguette
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. of salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 pineapple
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 of a medium sized red onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/2 fresh habanero (no seeds)
- In a separate bowl combine, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. black pepper, ½ Tbsp. of salt or to taste, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of olive oil on flank steak and rub in dry mix on both sides. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat cast-iron skillet until screaming hot. Add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil to skillet. Once skillet starts smoking turn heat to medium. Place marinated flank steak in skillet. Cook four to five minutes on one side, then flip and cook another three to four minutes for medium rare.
Charred Pineapple Chutney
- Cut off the crown and base of pineapple. Run knife down the sides to peel off the skin and cut into rings.
- Heat a grill-pan skillet on high heat and add 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- Cook pineapple rings for one to two minutes per side or until pineapple has char marks.
- Cut pineapple into small chunks and add to a bowl.
- Chop red onion, cilantro and garlic and add to bowl.
- Cut habanero pepper and remove the seeds. Chop into small pieces and add to bowl.
- Squeeze half a lime over chutney and mix everything together.
- Slice baguette at an angle about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place bread slices in toaster oven for one to two minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slice flank steak against the grain into about 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- Place steak slices over baguette and top with charred-pineapple chutney.