NIAGARA FALLS, Ont. — At the Culinary Federation (CF) National Convention held in Niagara Falls, Ont. last month, the organization welcomed new inductees into its prestigious Honour Society.
New inductees include:
- John Higgins, director of George Brown College’s Chef School
- Craig Youdale, dean, Canadian Food and Wine Institute
- Ronald St. Pierre, chef/owner, Locals Restaurant
- Alexander W. Rennie (retired)
- Reinhard Foerderer, instructor, Okanagan College
- Trent L. Brears (posthumous)
- Danilo (Dan) Carpino
- Tony Fernandes, executive chef/F&B director, Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
The Honour Society was developed in recognition of foresight, dedication and contribution made to the CF, as well as lifetime passion and service to the culinary profession.
“I feel humbled and grateful to have our country’s culinary leaders of the Culinary Federation recognize me with this prestigious and incredible honour,” says Fernandes.